For the third week in a row NYC tourism has a game changer. As of today, the vaccinated can go maskless (with exceptions, of course, like hospitals and public transportation). Normalcy is returning, quickly, and City Guide is seeing a rise in interest in NYC travel. The subways are back to 24/7. Take a look for Lion King or Hamilton tickets and you'll find availability is already down to scattered singles. Reopenings continue to roll in:
- Circle Line relaunches its Liberty Cruise May 22nd; the Beast is back June 3rd and the all-new Liberty Super Express launches June 9th
- The Rudin Family's summer lunchtime concert series returns Wednesdays to 345 Park Avenue starting May 26th
- The Times Square EDITION avoids shuttering, reopens June 1st (NoMad's New York EDITION came back last week)
- Shop the Village to launch June 5th and 6th, with live music and other activations on weekends on a closed-to-traffic Bleecker Street
- The 20th edition of the River To River arts festival will take place June 10th-27th
- Radio City Music Hall reopens June 19th, hosting the Tribeca Festival's Closing Night at full capacity
- The Forest Hills Stadium 2021 Season is happening, with Brandi Carlile the first announced act, July 23rd
- The 2021 BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival returns to the Prospect Park bandshell, starting July 31st
- The TCS New York City Marathon returns for its 50th running with 33,000 competitors on November 7th
Macy's bets big on Herald Square: $235 million dollar initiative in the works. Rendering by FXCollaborative.
LINKS OF INTEREST
- Latest Broadway reopening dates
- City launches expanded Open Streets program, Open Boulevards
- Met Museum acknowledges it sits on Lenape land with new plaque
- Café Boulud bids adieu from the Surrey Hotel (with plans to relocate)
- Streetwear legend Alife Rivington Club hangs it up after two decades
- Rough Trade NYC closes up after 7 years in Williamsburg...to move to Rock Center
DATA FROM EVERYTHING TO DO NYC FACEBOOK GROUP
Everything To Do NYC Facebook Group brings together 26,000 New York City superfans. It's a great resource for knowing what's going on, getting city suggestions, and tracking consumer sentiment. A recent poll gave a glimpse into what areas New Yorkers will be drawn to first. Check out the responses and full results here. And join the group if you haven't already—it's great for marketing directly to New Yorkers and tourists.
ANNOUNCING EVERYTHING TO DO EXCLUSIVES
Davler Media is launching a new special events series. These will be experiences that are unavailable anywhere else, whether it's a special wine tasting, a docent's behind-the-scenes tour, or a VIP outing. Look for "Summer Kick Off—Meet the Celebrity Chefs." Membership is currently free; sign up here to receive an invitation.
BEHIND THE ONE WORLD OBSERVATORY EXPERIENCE
The tallest building in the hemisphere. The largest screen. A ride that goes straight up at 23 miles per hour. City Guide's Behind The Experience video series learns the secrets of One World Observatory. Have a look at our whole series, which now includes Madame Tussauds, Benjamin Steakhouse, the Museum of the City of New York, and SPYSCAPE. CHECK IT OUT—it’s fun!