The Rink at Rockefeller Center
Inside Scoop: The Rink at Rockefeller Center
The Rink at Rockefeller Center is an icon of New York, entertaining both skaters and observers in the heart of midtown, close to Times Square and the Theater District. The most famous ice rink in the world, a skating session here will generate memories for a lifetime.
The Rink at Rockefeller Center Photos
Photos: The Rink at Rockefeller Center
The Rink at Rockefeller Center Special Packages
Make the most of winter 2016 with a range of new and popular offerings now that the bustling holiday season is over. Visitors can escape the crowds, particularly during the early morning and last evening skate sessions. From maintaining new fitness- and health-inspired resolutions, to climbing to the Top of the Rock, or simply warming up at Rock Center Café with a cocktail, here are new ways to celebrate the season in 2016.
· Begin the Weekday Right with “The Perfect Start” Package – Start the day early with a full breakfast at Rock Center Café at 7:45 am, for French toast, scrambled eggs, pecanwood-smoked bacon, red bliss potato hash, sliced strawberries and more. Afterwards, take an invigorating spin around The Rink during the 8:30 am to 10 am session. Available weekdays now through April 8, 2016. Price is $40 per person plus tax and gratuity.
· Indulge in “Après Skate” at The Rink – As a twist on the popular après-ski tradition, The Rink offers an “Après Skate” package, complete with general admission at The Rink, skate rentals, choice of a house-crafted cocktail, house wine or draft beer at Rock Center Café’s bar and lounge, and appetizer from the Winter Bar & Lounge Menu. Available in the evenings through April 10, 2016. Price is $45 plus tax and gratuity.
· Experience SkySkate – The SkySkate Ticket offers a combination of two iconic NYC traditions – admission to The Rink at Rockefeller Center and Top of the Rock Observation Deck with 360 degree views – at one great price. Package includes skate rentals and the flexibility to redeem passes anytime before the season’s end. Priced at just $44, this package offers a $25 savings!
· Take in a “Starlight Skate” – End the evening with a spin around The Rink under the stars. Guests get immediate access to the last skate session of the day from 10:30 pm to midnight. Skate rentals are included. Available every night until April 10, 2016. Price is $37 per person.
· Keep New Year’s resolutions with an Olympic Ice Skater – Skating with an Olympic figure skater is a fun, unique way to stick to New Year’s resolutions. Olympian JoJo Starbuck offers adult classes on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7:30-8:30 am. Classes include exclusive use of The Rink for one hour, coaching from JoJo and her staff, continental breakfast and rental skates. Price is $65 per class.
· Propose with the “Engagement on Ice” Program – As Valentine’s Day nears, the perennial “Engagement on Ice” program is back. Loved ones can propose to their partners on the ice, celebrate a romantic glide-for-two around a crowd of well-wishing onlookers, play a favorite song and celebrate with a Champagne toast rink-side. There are three levels of the program, starting from Silver, Gold and Platinum that cater to each couple’s wishes. Price begins at $350.
· Get the Ultimate VIP Treatment at The Igloo – The Igloo is an elegant glass-walled and heated VIP house located at The Rink at Rockefeller Center. The Igloo’s VIP Skating Experience allows guests to enjoy skip-the-line privileges by making advance reservations, learn tricks and tips from in-house Skate Concierges, and stay warm in a heated space while savoring sweet refreshments. Pricing begins at $60 per person.